We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Everyone has rights with regard to the way in which their personal data is handled. During the course of our activities we will collect, store and process personal data about our customers, suppliers and other third parties, and we recognise that the correct and lawful treatment of this data will maintain confidence in the organisation and will provide for successful business operations.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of UK data protection laws, the data controller is Vertikit Ltd. (collectively referred to as “Vertikit UK”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Data protection principles
When processing your information, we must comply with the six enforceable principles of good practice. These provide that your personal data must be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner,
- processed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes,
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary,
- accurate and kept up-to-date,
- kept for no longer than is necessary, and
- processed in a manner than ensures appropriate security.
Information you give to us
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you, including:
- Identity Data, such as your name, company details and LinkedIn profile details,
- Financial Data such as your payment details,
- Contact Data, such as your email address, business or delivery address and telephone number,
- Company Data, such as your company name, project details, project address,
- Technical Data, including IP addresses, your log-in data, browser type and version, time-zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website,
- Usage Data, including information about how you use our website, and
- Marketing Data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, and your communication preferences.
‘Special category’ data
Information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, criminal convictions, sex life or sexual orientation, or certain types of genetic or biometric data is known as ‘special category’ data.
During the course of dealing with you, we do not expect to collect any ‘special category’ data about you.
How we collect your personal information
We may obtain personal information by directly interacting with you, for example when you:
- fill in forms on our website (or one of our group company websites), including information provided at the time of requesting an online quote,
- request further information about our products and services,
- enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us,
- give us your business card or contact details,
- participate in discussions on social media outlets, or
- correspond with us by phone, email, letter or otherwise.
We may obtain personal information via automated technology when you interact with our website by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties or publicly-available sources, such as:
- analytics providers (such as Google),
- social media networks (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, WordPress and PrestaShop)
- advertising networks,
- credit checking companies,
- search information providers, and
- providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
How we use your personal information
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- you have given us consent,
- we need to perform a contract we are about to enter into, or have entered into, with you,
- where it is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests, and your interests and rights do not override those interests, or
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Purposes for which we will use your personal information
We may use the information you give to us for a number of different purposes. For each purpose, we are required to confirm the ‘legal basis’ that allows us to use your information, as follows:
|Purposes for which we will use the information you give to us||Legal basis|
|To carry out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and products that you request from us||It will be necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us.|
|To carry out a credit check and assess your credit score with a view to providing you with a company account.||It will be necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us.|
|To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes||We will only do this if you give us your consent by some specific, informed and unambiguous method.|
|To notify you about changes to our products||It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests to ensure you are aware of the latest updates to the products and services we provide, or may provide, to you.|
|To assist us in responding to whatever query or interest you have expressed in our products||It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests to satisfy your queries and concerns and ensuring that we provide a complete service.|
|Any other purpose that we notify to you, but are not expressly listed in this table.||We will only do this if you give us your consent by some specific, informed and unambiguous method.|
|To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, to measure or understand the effectiveness of the goods and services we provide you and others, and to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them||It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests to ensure you receive the best experience possible when accessing and using our website, and when purchasing our goods and/or services.|
|To obtain further information about you, any organisation you represent, with a view to us entering into a contract with you or the organisation you represent||It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests to ensure we are fully aware of all issues relating to your organisation that is the subject of the goods and/or services you have expressed an interest from us.|
|To provide follow up services to our clients, build further customer advocacy and earn reviews for our services and products using companies such as TrustPilot||It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests to ensure we are fully aware of all issues relating to your organisation that is the subject of the goods and/or services you have expressed an interest from us.|
We will only use your personal information for the purpose(s) for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
What if you cannot or will not provide us with your personal information
It is also a contractual requirement for you to provide us with certain information, such as your name, contact number, personal or company address, project address, project details and date of job, choice of service, blueprint floor plans of facilities to fulfil contractual agreements and payment details. If you do not provide us with that information, we may not be able to perform the contract.
All other information you give us is given entirely as your discretion. If you do not provide that information, then we will be unable to provide a comprehensive service.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie||Provider||Type||Purpose||Expires||Data Sent To|
|JSESSIONID||metrics.responsetap.com||Necessary||Preserves users states across page requests.||Session||UK|
|rc::a||google.com||Necessary||This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots. This is beneficial for the website, in order to|
make valid reports on the use of their website.
|rc::c||google.com||Necessary||This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots.||Session||US|
|wc_cart_hash_#||Necessary||Helps WooCommerce determine when cart contents/data changes.||Persistent||UK|
|wc_fragments_#||Necessary||Helps WooCommerce determine when cart contents/data changes.||Persistent||UK|
|lang||ads.linkedin.com||Preferences||Remembers the user’s selected language version of a website||Session||US|
|__adiCookieCheck||Statistics||Used to generate statistical data on what pages the user has visited and how often an ad click leads eithe r to a purchase or other actions on the advertiser’s website.||Session||US|
|_ga||Statistics||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years||US|
|_gat||Statistics||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||1 day||US|
|_gid||Statistics||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||1 day||US|
|_hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress||Statistics||This cookie is used to count how many times a website has been visited by different visitors – this is done by assigning the visitor an ID, so the visitor does not get registered twice.||1 day||US|
|_hjFirstSeen||Statistics||This cookie is used to determine if the visitor has visited the website before, or if it is a new visitor on the|
|_hjid||Statistics||Sets a unique ID for the session. This allows the website to obtain data on visitor behaviour for statistical purposes.||1 year||US|
|_hjid||Statistics||Sets a unique ID for the session. This allows the website to obtain data on visitor behaviour for statistical|
|_hjIncludedInPageviewSample||Statistics||Determines if the user’s navigation should be registered in a certain statistical place holder.||1 day||US|
|_hjIncludedInSessionSample||Statistics||Registers data on visitors’ website-behaviour. This is used for internal analysis and website optimization.||1 day||US|
|_hjTLDTest||Statistics||Registers statistical data on users’ behaviour on the website. Used for internal analytics by the website op erator.||Session||US|
|collect||google-analytics.com||Statistics||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behavior. Tracks the visitor across|
devices and marketing channels.
|_fbp||Marketing||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.||3 months||US|
|gcl_au||Marketing||Used by Google AdSense for experimenting with advertisement efficiency across websites using their|
|_uetsid||Marketing||Collects data on visitor behaviour from multiple websites, in order to present more relevant advertisement – This also allows the website to limit the number of times that they are shown the same advertisement.||1 day||US|
|_uetsid||Marketing||Used to track visitors on multiple websites, in order to present relevant advertisement based on the|
|_uetsid_exp||Marketing||Contains the expiry-date for the cookie with corresponding name.||Persistent||US|
|_uetvid||Marketing||Used to track visitors on multiple websites, in order to present relevant advertisement based on the|
|_uetvid||Marketing||Used to track visitors on multiple websites, in order to present relevant advertisement based on the visitor ‘s preferences.||Persistent||US|
|_uetvid_exp||Marketing||Contains the expiry-date for the cookie with corresponding name.||Persistent||US|
|adiLP||Marketing||Used in context with behavioral tracking by the website. The cookie registers the user’s behavior and navi gation across multiple websites and ensures that no tracking errors occur when the user has multiple browser-tabs open.||1 day||US|
|adiS||Marketing||Used in context with behavioral tracking by the website. The cookie registers the user’s behavior and|
navigation across multiple websites and ensures that no tracking errors occur when the user has multiple browser-tabs open
|adiV||Marketing||Used in context with behavioral tracking by the website. The cookie registers the user’s behavior and navi gation across multiple websites and ensures that no tracking errors occur when the user has multiple browser-tabs open.||1 year||US|
|adiVi||Marketing||Used in context with behavioral tracking by the website. The cookie registers the user’s behavior and|
navigation across multiple websites and ensures that no tracking errors occur when the user has multiple browser-tabs open.
|ads/ga-audiences||google.com||Marketing||Used by Google AdWords to re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the visitor ‘s online behaviour across websites.||Session||US|
|bcookie||linkedin.com||Marketing||Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.||2 years||UK|
|bscookie||linkedin.com||Marketing||Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.||2 years||UK|
|fr||facebook.com||Marketing||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party|
|IDE||doubleclick.net||Marketing||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking on e of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.||1 year||US|
|lang||linkedin.com||Marketing||Set by LinkedIn when a web page contains an embedded “Follow us” panel.||Session||UK|
|lidc||linkedin.com||Marketing||Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.||1 day||UK|
|MUID||bing.com||Marketing||Used widely by Microsoft as a unique user ID. The cookie enables user tracking by synchronising the ID|
across many Microsoft domains.
|NID||google.com||Marketing||Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user’s device. The ID is used for targeted ads.||6 months||US|
|pagead/1p-user-list/#||google.com||Marketing||Tracks if the user has shown interest in specific products or events across multiple websites and detects how the user navigates between sites. This is used for measurement of advertisement efforts and facilitates payment of referral-fees between websites.||Session||US|
|RUL||doubleclick.net||Marketing||Used by DoubleClick to determine whether website advertisement has been properly displayed – This is do ne to make their marketing efforts more efficient.||1 year||US|
|test_cookie||doubleclick.net||Marketing||Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies.||1 day||US|
|tr||facebook.com||Marketing||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.||Session||Netherlands|
|UserMatchHistory||linkedin.com||Marketing||Used to track visitors on multiple websites, in order to present relevant advertisement based on the|
|AnalyticsSyncHistory||linkedin.com||Functional||Used to store information about the time a sync with the lms_analytics cookie took place for users in the Designated Countries||29 days||UK|
How Google manages data in its ads products can be found here.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire as set out in the table above.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with the parties set out below:
- Our contractors and sub-contractors,
- providers of IT and system administration services and cloud storage to our business including DropBox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive and other online cloud providers,
- providers of email marketing platforms and web-based project management applications to our business,
- our professional advisers (including solicitors, bankers, auditors and insurers),
- HM Revenue & Customs, the Information Commissioner’s Office, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances,
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website, and
- third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal information in the same way as set out in this policy.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Identifying you as a customer
We may identify you as a customer in our marketing material, although we will never publicly disclose any confidential information without having obtained your prior consent. If you do not agree to us identifying you as a customer, please notify us by writing to the address at the top of this policy, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the United Kingdom.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely, including taking the following safeguards:
- Credit cards. We do not store any credit card details.
- Entry controls. Our premises are secured by double gates and access is limited.
- Secure lockable desks and cupboards. Desks and cupboards are kept locked when not in use if they hold confidential information of any kind.
- Methods of disposal. Paper documents are disposed of by shredding in a manner that ensures confidentiality.
- Equipment. Our internal policies require that individual monitors do not show confidential information to passers-by and that users lock or log-off from their computer when it is unattended.
Some of the data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the United Kingdom. It may also be processed by personnel operating outside the United Kingdom who work for us, our group companies or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your orders, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. If you are concerned about the levels of data security in any of those countries, please let us know and we will endeavour to advise what steps will be taken to protect your data when stored overseas.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we will store your personal data
The length of time that we will store your data will depend on the ‘legal basis’ for why we are using that data, as follows:
|Legal basis||Length of time|
|Where we use/store your data because it is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us||We will use/store your data for as long as it is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us|
|Where we use/store your data because it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject||We will use/store your data for as long as it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations|
|Where we use/store your data because it is necessary for our legitimate business interests||We will use/store your data until you ask us to stop. However, if we can demonstrate the reason why we are using/storing your data overrides your interests, rights and freedoms, then we will continue to use and store your data for as long as it is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us (or, if earlier, we no longer have a legitimate interest in using/storing your data)|
|Where we use/store your data because you have given us your specific, informed and unambiguous consent||We will use/store your data until you ask us to stop|
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitive of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You have various legal rights in relation to the information you give us, or which we collect about you, as follows:
- You have a right to access the information we hold about you free of charge, together with various information about why and how we are using your information, to whom we may have disclosed that information, from where we originally obtained the information and for how long we will use your information.
- You have the right to ask us to rectify any information we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to ask us to erase the information we hold about you (the ‘right to be forgotten’). Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to erase your information and we are unable to do so, we will explain why not.
- You have the right to ask us to stop using your information where: (i) the information we hold about you is inaccurate; (ii) we are unlawfully using your information; (iii) we no longer need to use the information; or (iv) we do not have a legitimate reason to use the information. Please note that we may continue to store your information, or use your information for the purpose of legal proceedings or for protecting the rights of any other person.
- You have the right to ask us to transmit the information we hold about you to another person or company in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format. Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to transmit your information and we are unable to do so, we will explain why not.
- Where we use/store your information because it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, you have the right to object to us using/storing your information. We will stop using/storing your information unless we can demonstrate why we believe we have a legitimate business interest which overrides your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Where we use/store your data because you have given us your specific, informed and unambiguous consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- You have the right to object to us using/storing your information for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights, please contact us by writing to the address at the top of this policy, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
You also have the right, at any time, to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe we are not complying with the laws and regulations relating to the use/storage of the information you give us, or that we collect about you.
Opting out of receiving marketing communications
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications at any time by writing to the address at the top of this policy, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We do not use automated decision-making processes.
Third party links
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Changes to our policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on our website and, where appropriate, notified to you by email or via social media. Please check our website frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to us by writing to the address at the top of this policy, or by emailing us at email@example.com.